Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Most Entertaining Book of Short Stories: Coffee Cup Tales

While I was out of town last week, I had the chance to get a little reading done. One of the books I took with me was Richard Keller's Coffee Cup Tales: Stories Inspired by Overheard Conversations at the Coffee Shop.

Those of you who visit this blog regularly know I have Rich here to guest post from time to time because his sense of humor brightens my day (and he's a nice guy, too). I had very high expectations for the stories in Coffee Cup Tales, expecting originality and lots of humor.

Rich did not disappoint. There were moments he made me think. And other moments I laughed out loud.

The one that made me giggle the most is called "I Married the Hell Outta Her."

This book was self-published through Rich's new venture, Wooden Pants Publishing. The formatting is excellent, the writing/grammar/punctuation way awesome (Rich had an outstanding local editor as well as a critique group to help him polish his prose), and even the Acknowledgments and Introduction are entertaining. I promise you will not be disappointed in Coffee Cup Tales.

Rich has a novel out now as well.  Paradise Not Quite Lost has been added to my reading list.

Rich's bio from amazon.com: Richard Keller is the founder of Wooden Pants Publishing and the Associate Director of Northern Colorado Writers. Richard has written over two thousand articles over the last three decades for various media outlets, including USA Today, RM Parent, Fort Collins Magazine, BellaSpark, The Coloradoan, and AOL TV. Richard resides in Northern Colorado with his wife and five children. In his spare time, Richard likes to read, travel, perform Improv, and sleep in a sensory deprivation chamber to get at least one minute of peace.

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Married the Hell Outta Her - what a title! That's some serious marrying.

Unknown said...

This sounds like a ton of fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the book, Pat. Thanks for sharing.

Crystal Collier said...

LOL! Just that title (for the short story) has me laughing. I need a good laugh. Might have to pick it up.

Mason Canyon said...

You can never go wrong with a cup of coffee, add to that a book and you have an amazing combination. Sounds like a fun read.

RichardK said...

Pat, thank you for the lovely comments on my book. The check is in the mail, along with the pony you requested.

If you think the title is great, you'll love "Coffee Cup Tales 2: Extra Foam" coming out this winter. Self-promotion ended.

Dean K Miller said...

Enjoyed this book as well! Richard did a great job.